Natural Australian Wool Quilts, Pillows and Bedding
A boutique, unique range of quilts, underlays and pillows:
- Luxurious wool for a unique level of comfort.
- The best night’s sleep you can buy.
- Home-grown wool on the Stringer family farm.
- Hand-crafted in Gippsland using quality Australian cotton.
- Non-allergenic, healthy, free of resins and chemicals.
- Warm in winter, cool in summer.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
Once you’ve slept on wool, under wool, you’ll never go back.
The Magic of Wool
Wool is one of nature’s miracles - it’s an active material that regulates body temperature and moisture. It doesn’t just contain heat around your body - it manages it.
It moves moisture away from your body as well, so you’re always comfortable.
In winter you will stay warm and cosy under a single light, winter-weight quilt without getting hot and sweaty. Couples who sleep at different temperatures particularly love wool quilts.
Elderly people who have trouble keeping warm find the lighter weight of woollen quilts cosy and comfy.
In summer, combine one of our summer-weight quilts with a woollen underlay for maximum comfort and sleep quality.
Ongoing scientific research is backing up our experience and that of our customers - you DO sleep better on and under wool.
Premium Wool Bedding Products
A top tip for quality sleep is to keep the head, neck and spine aligned and as straight as possible on a comfortable, temperature-regulated pillow.
Our pillows come in a choice of two thicknesses – standard and thick.
Choose the thick pillow if you regularly sleep on your side or tend to restlessness. Choose the standard pillow if you’re more comfortable sleeping on your back or tummy for most of the night.
Wool is an active fibre - one that responds to changes in temperature and moisture. It has a unique ability to regulate your body temperature:
- Wool helps you sleep better and longer*
- It keeps you warm and cosy in winter - yet cool in summer.
- You won’t feel sweaty in summer because it moves moisture away from your body.
- Wool is lightweight and ultra comfortable to sleep under.
- It is fantastic for partners who have different sleeping temperatures.
- Wool is the safest of all fibres - it’s flame resistant and will often self-extinguish.
- Wool is not an allergen, so it’s perfect for asthma and allergy sufferers.
- Wool has moisture management properties that can be helpful for skin conditions such as eczema.
* Research by the University of Sydney found faster sleep onset and less frequent waking in a study comparing wool and non-wool bedding and sleepwear.
Sustainable, Renewable Wool
Wool is 'made' from grass and water, sunshine and fresh air. It’s completely renewable - our sheep grow a new fleece every year.
High-quality wool lasts for decades and at end-of-life, it’s so safe that you could compost it. It degrades slowly over a period of years, safely releasing nutrients back into the soil.
We’ve been producing fine grade wool on our farm since the 1950s, as well as improving the land we produce it on.
If you support farm-to-table eating and small, ethically managed local farms, you can now have the same positive impact when you buy from our quality bedding range.
You’re buying products directly from the farmer who grew the wool and turned it into quality goods made by Victorian craftspeople. The cotton used in the luxurious sateen used to cover our products is Australian-grown too.
You simply cannot find pure wool bedding products of this quality with this local provenance in major department stores.